Friday, March 11

Livin' La Jolla Loca

Since I wasn't able to post a comment on the last blog entry, I thought I'd create an entry of my own. I've been visiting faculty at UCSD for the last two days straight - after 18 conversations, I've signed up three new members! I could barely form a sentence by the end of yesterday's workday, but felt energized from doing real organizing again.

No, this isn't a picture of me with the profs - this morning, when I went running on the beach, I saw dozens of harbor seals rolling around. Apparently, they're "pupping" - or just had gave birth to their baby seals - the babies were also rolling around and every now and then, one would get swept away into the water, and the parents would stop their rolling and chase after them. I don't think I've ever seen anything so sweet.

More office visits to follow this afternoon...I'm really looking forward to vacating in Gainesville next week.

10 Comments:

mark said...

My suggestion would be to never use the phrase "Living the __ Loca" ever again, lest you disturb the natural order of things and have one of those beached whales or seals or whatever attack you.

I was going to do a clever photoshop thing where I put my head on one of those killer whales or manatees or whatever they are, but i've got other computer problems -- which are messing up our canvassing tomorrow. ugh.

11:33 PM  
erika said...

They're harbor seals. God!
Hope the computer problems were fixed and the canvassing went well.

2:08 AM  
mark said...

did you take that picture Napoleon Gubrium?

8:00 AM  
erika said...

Nope - but it fit the mood perfectly!

11:14 AM  
mark said...

Your "god!" addendum made me chuckle... it's Chad's new line from Napoleon Dynamite -- i guess it's actually "gosh"... but you get the idea.

11:26 AM  
erika said...

Also a high point for the movie - it so perfectly captured dorky adolescence.

11:31 AM  
george540dylon said...

damn good blog, check out mine http://juicyfruiter.blogspot.com, comments always welcome!

9:00 AM  
darrelkline2446095523 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

1:19 PM  
eddalexander0240404191 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

8:20 AM  
A. Polyzos said...

what's up gal and guy?

This lack of entries is making your fans anxious.

We're chewing our nails here.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home