Sunday, January 23

A cold day in hell

Marcus and I went for a "brisk" bike ride this morning.

I know, I know, I WAS wearing a helmet, but it somehow got swallowed up by the flames. I also know I said this last week, but I don't think I've ever been so cold. In true Canadian fashion, Marcus was wearing bike shorts for our bone-chilling bike ride and felt "fine." We started up Grizzly Peak and came down the other side for about 2 miles of pure hell - on a blisteringly cold decline that is benignly known as Pinehurst - this, through the fog and mist (never again)!! This was followed by the Wildcat Canyon incline, which allowed my body temperature to return to near normal. My new rule for California riding is to go on as few downhill sections as possible. This rule will perhaps be altered by March.

4 Comments:

erika said...

Can't quite figure out why my pictures won't show up in Netscape/Internet Explorer (beyond the obvious reason) - Mark, how do I get pictures to show?!

7:50 PM  
mark said...

get a mac....

:-)

12:34 PM  
Anonymous said...

how did you make that picture? photoshop i guess but how did you save the picture -- that's got to be the problem b/c the pix from the inaug. demo are fine as are my photoshopped pix....

i got a little more info on the email sit-che-ation
-tech support

12:03 PM  
erika said...

I made it using photoshop, but then saved it as a jpg so I could put it into my one of my "my Photos" albums. Any suggestions?

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home