Thursday, December 30

As Linnie Might Say:

NO! (about the morning run), but my hotel headache did disappear so maybe there is something to this exercise crap.

On the subject of WalMart Supercenters

I was going to tell the story of running around the WalMart Supercenter and have a link to the UFCW WalMartyrs page but it seems like its been taken down. I fear WalMart forced it down somehow (probably through some sort of lawsuit), since many of the links on the UFCW's WalMart Workers Campaign page are not working.

The UFCW is the United Food and Commercial Workers one of the labor unions trying to organize WM workers. Well we gotta get from Arkansas to Arizona.

Leave a comment, jerkies!

2 Comments:

Marcus said...

"Jerkies," wow, that really hurts. Especially when I'm just coming off a delicious 12 days sans email and electronic communications of any kind. A smaller man would pack up his marbles (metaphorically, of course) and just head home, but--to quote a splendid villain from the Tick--I'm full of littler men and feel it imperative to pass along the following words of wisdom.

1. Get out of Arkansas as quickly as possible. My last visit there involved several state troopers, an emergency call to Interpol, and the President of the United States. Nothing good can come of a place that prides itself on having little rocks.

2. Once, long ago, while planting trees in Northern Canada's barren hinterland, I came upon one of my co-workers revving the shit out of a cube van at the top of a small rise in a torn up logging road. Below him was a morass of mud and corruption of indeterminable depth and a cluster of our fellow planters shouting encouragement near the slough. Turning to me with lifeless eyes, he said simply "Fuck it. It's a rental" and plunged headlong down the precipice.

What awaited him below, and what he could not have foreseen, was an enormous submerged auto-wrecking boulder lurking in the filth like a hungry Crocodilian. That is of little note. The truly important thing is that his Can-Do attitude and disregard for his own safety have inspired me to this day. His name was Mike Rae and he was a hero.

I look forward to being moved by future tales on this Blog.

10:35 AM  
Howard said...

The Kill-Mark-O-Meter needs an update!!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home