Saturday, January 22, 2005

Good Times

Loveline, the syndicated radio show about sex, love, and anything else has been one of my favorites for years. Helmed by comedian Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew Pinsky, Loveline is one of the most interesting and entertaining shows - radio or otherwise, currently on the air. Thanks to Loveline I have learned more about psychology, human nature, and Adam Carolla's masturabatory habits than I could have from anywhere else.

While Dr. Drew plays the straight man with all the answers, Adam is the one who drives the show, using his lightning fast wit and keen sense of humor to make it both educational and entertaining. Adam's greatest talent is his ability to go on wild tangents and rants which can sometimes take the majority of the show to complete.

I now download episodes from the internet, which come with the commercials removed, making listening that much more enjoyable. One of my favorite websites devoted to the show is The Loveline Companion (it is temporarily down due to it exceeding its bandwidth limit) which contains message boards, clips, and links to FTP sites where one can find episodes online.

Another great Loveline website is the Loveline Database, which is a exhaustive collection of information on past episodes and guests.

I have collected some of my favorite clips from the past couple of years for your downloading pleasure:

Clip 1 - This first clip is with guest David Alan Grier, and is indicative of the style of the show. Some of the people who call in are total idiots, and the questions they ask really make me question the validity of the US educational system.

Clip 2 - This clip is probably one of the funniest moments in Loveline history. It is quite long, so hang in there - the payoff is more than worth it.

This is a flash cartoon that Michael Narren, one of the fans over at the Loveline Companion made, based on a recurring character that Adam has created. It uses an actual clip from the show for inspiration (the sound effects are added). Go to Michael's site for more of his flash creations.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

good times indeed

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home