Monday, September 29, 2003

Hello Nurse!

Walking home from class today, I saw a rather attractive female and inside my head commented, "Hello Nurse!" It took me a little while to figure out where that had come from, and then it hit me:

The Animaniacs.
Its Yakko, Wakko, and Dot

What a great show. Way before Adult Swim, the Animaniacs was basically an adult show held within the confines of a afternoon cartoon. While it did have the slapstick humor that kids enjoy, it also had a hefty dose of pop culture satire tailored specifically to a more mature audience.

Today, I want to make my case that "Hello Nurse!" should be reintroduced into our lexicon.

Picture this:
- Two guys are sitting in their dorm room, watching TV. A commercial comes on for Entertainment Tonight, and for a brief second, a clip of Brittany Spears cavorting around on the beach is shown. The two guys look at each other and at the same time exclaim "HELLOOO NURSE!"

HELLOOO NURSE Hello!

Its perfect I say.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

amen to that! I loved animaniacs when I was a kid. What I wouldn't give to see that show again. True genius that few shows can touch (except maybe the Simpsons).

11:10 AM  
Ralph said...

ROFL, I concur. p_o

3:50 AM  
Wade said...

OH! thank God I'm Not Alone, nobody remembers Spielberg's greatest creation. I don't know how long ago this was posted but there's the first season out!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home